Ayurveda & Yoga
Keral Ayurveda Yoga's Spine Care Program is based on fine blend of Ayurveda yoga theory. The goal of Ayurvedic treatments is not only to bring about the slowing down of the pain but also to make the body work at its best and bring vitality and peace to individuals. Keral Ayurveda Yoga is more than welcoming you, to taste and feel the real blend of Ayurveda and yoga through the Spine Care Program. This retreat promises to make you refreshed and bringing back to the state of health. This concept of holistic spine care was unique and caught on worldwide.
- 1 day colon cleansing
- Oriented mix of Ayurveda yoga retreat
- Consultation and plus diagnosis by a chief physician
- Yoga practice and meditation with sun rise and set view
- Ayurveda treatment with rare medicinal herbs and preparations
- Meditation and special breathing exercise for expel toxins
- 13 nights of accommodation in air conditioned room
- 3 healthy vegetarian meals
- Swimming pool (outdoor)
- Wireless internet
- Air-conditioned rooms
- Free Wi-Fi
You will stay in a spacious air conditioned room with a sea view and palm view depending on the availability. Room service from restaurant is also available. Your room is also equipped with telephone intercom, TV and refrigerator. Wi-Fi is available per request. Swimming pool and free usage of Wi-Fi in resort lobby are also available.
Ayurveda is the most ancient holistic and traditional Indian system of medicine. Yoga originated in India, dates back 5000 years. Yoga, to be one with the divine and science of self- realization. Ayurveda and yoga are deeply linked to each other. Ayurveda is the therapeutic side of yoga, while yoga is the spiritual division of Ayurveda. Both are based on many centuries of experience handed through generations.
Ayurveda categorized Slip disc and spine related problems as one of diseases caused by vitiation vata (one of the principle dosha in the body, responsible for the movement and functionality of the body). The strength of Ayurveda in the area of spinal ailments is globally accepted and appreciated. Since it addresses the root cause of the issue, the results are better than surgical procedures. Ayurveda holds that the herniated disc is a result of vitiation of the three principal doshas, especially the vata.
Herbal spine care treatment
Herbal spine care treatment is now being accepted by scientific communities with Ayurvedic treatment being the most well-known. According to Ayurvedic treatment experts, maintaining a perfect balance among these three (vata, pitha and kapha) aspects is aimed at restoring the equilibrium through correction of the underlying functional in-equilibrium. Ayurvedic treatments for Slip disc concentrate on bringing back the aggravated vata to the state of equilibrium and thereby to the state of health.
The treatment comprises of detoxification and rejuvenation through Ayurvedic therapy, administration of researched medicines internally and a major role by yoga and meditation.
- Abyanga and swedam - Massage and sweating prosess
- Kati vasti - A typical treatment on lower back
- Pathrapotala swedam - A treatment with herbs and leaves
- Choorna pinda swedam - With herbal powder
- Pizhichil - Herbal Oil bath
- Shirodhara - Medicenated oil flow on forehead
- Nasya Karma - Nasal treatment , with rare juice of herbs and fresh leaves
- Greeva vasti - Neck and shoulder treatment with herbs and oil
- Navarakizhi - Treatment with a special medicinated cooked rice
- Pichu - Treatment on the effected part
- Udwardhanam - Massage with herbal powder
- Hot and cold fomentation
- Mud therapy
- Yoga asana / exercise
- Life style modification
- Ardha Chakrasana
- Breathing and relaxation techniques
- Meditation help in curing back pain
The appeal of yoga lies in the fact that it helps both body and mind. Yoga not only works on all the muscle groups, but also increases vitality, tones the internal organs, stimulates the nerve centres, relieves stress and clears the mind.
Although it is an ancient Indian discipline, it has also gained relevance as a means of attaining a well-balanced personality and delaying the visible signs of back pain.
Yoga keeps you looking and feeling young and healthy. Keral Ayurveda Yoga's experiences and studies conducted on those who practice yoga have shown that positive changes also occur in their personality, in attitudes, emotional stability and self-confidence. You will feel instantly rejuvenated and good about yourself.
Indeed, the benefits of yoga reflect as external and internal health. For good health, flawless skin, slim, young, and graceful figure, make yoga a part of your daily life.
Things to do (optional)
Enjoy shopping in nearby mall
Read book from the library
Self-practice of yoga and meditation
Swimming; swimming pool with calm and green surrounding and beach
Use of in house and roof top restaurant in the resort
Spend time under the umbrella in beach
Walk and find interesting things
Yoga, Ayurveda, and meditation
- 13 nights accommodation and 3 times of healthy vegetarian food a day
- 15 sessions of yoga class within these 14 days (including asana, meditation, pranayama (breath control) techniques, relaxation, techniques for cleansing body and mind, lectures etc.)
- 20 sessions of Ayurveda treatment within these 14 days (after consultation and plus diagnosis, doctor will suggest which suitable treatments should include)
- Basics of astrology consultation
- Consultation with Ayurveda doctor and yoga master.
- Intake of medicine during treatment period
- Airport transfer from and to Thiruvananthapuram International Airport (TRV)
- Pulse diagnosis from doctor
How to get there
Transfer from and to Thiruvananthapuram International Airport (TRV) is provided.
- A reservation requires a deposit of 50% of the total price.
- The deposit is non-refundable, if the booking is cancelled.
- The rest of the payment should be paid on arrival.